Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some things never change..


Sitting besides a huge window, in the silent night, under the dark sky, watching the moon glow with a cup of coffee,
My mind just walks behind the memory lane-
Mom's sweet voice as the alarm,
The fight with dad to watch cartoon against cricket,
The whole class was my best friend,
Sis was the greatest enemy when it came to my toys
And the whole world was as small as the globe in the map.
The only difference today is friends are strangers and the size of the world just grows with every mile you walk ahead.
But family.. Family never changed..
Mom still wakes me up,
I fight with dad to watch my favorite channel
And sis will always be the biggest enemy when it comes to my stuff.
The only thing I wonder about is-
Do people change or the way I see them has changed?
Has the world become selfish or I have stopped growing?
Has the world moved on or I have become stagnant?
Have people stopped understanding love and care or I need to be practical?
Some questions will always remain unanswered.

-Kritika

2 comments:

  1. these thoughts run in my mind too.. precisely, when i think of my friends,, i question myself,, y r they changed or i m lagging behind! nice poem ha..

    ReplyDelete